REFLECTOR: IO-360 Oil/CHT temps - ailerons

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sun Jan 8 13:13:25 CST 2012


Didn't they use a push pull rod system w bellcranks on the Rocket Racer?

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of David Ullman
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 8:37 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: IO-360 Oil/CHT temps - ailerons

I have a stock set up for the IO-360-C1C and our last test flight with
ambient of 50deg the CHTs were all around 400 and EGT at 1260 at low
altitude. Oil temperature was 195. 

I tore out the aileron push-pull cables and rerouted them to make a better
90deg approach to the aileron arms.  It flies better now, but still too much
friction for the aileron trim system to move.  I have worked graphite into
the cables and that helps some. Moving the stick still has quite a bit of
slip-stick friction.  I measured the pull force to get it to move and it is
only 4 pounds to get it break loose, but it is not butter-smooth like I have
experienced in most other planes.  I am going to tighten the springs on the
roll trim and call it good.  Next time I pull the cables, I will put a real
roll control system in.  These push pull cables are not up to my standards
of design and piloting!  

David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity 
EAA 292 President
david at davidullman.com
541-754-3609

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list