REFLECTOR: Matco Master Cylinder

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jan 2 10:16:12 CST 2012


The black stuff is not normal.  It sounds like contamination or manuf defect of one of the orings.  You definitely want to replace the orings when you get home. And flush the system with new fluid to make sure you don't have contamination. We depend on our brakes more in a V than tractor configured planes and you want them always at there peak.
When you flush the system be sure to push fluid through from the caliper towards the master cylinder..  and of course use the proper type of brake fluid.

John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:

>I got my brake working.  I took the master cylinder apart and there was some fine black
>material in the plunger area.  The seals looked ok, although I don't know how I can
>really tell by just looking.  So I cleaned everything and reinstalled it.  It works much
>better than before, but still doesn't work as good as the other brake.  This may be
>because I don't have all the air bled out.  Still, it's useable and I will fly back to MS
>where I can work on it in warmer weather.  When I was bleeding it, I could see a small
>amount of the black material in the fluid coming out.  Is this normal or is this
>something I need to look into?  Should the fluid be replaced every so often?  I think I
>will do that.
>
>John
>
>John Dibble wrote:
>
>> My right brake has been a bit weak lately.  My brake pads are worn, so I figured that
>> was the problem.  I replaced them.  Today when I tried to fly, my right brake was
>> hardly working at all, so I suspect the master is bad.  I've ordered one from the
>> factory, but would like to fly sooner if possible.  Is there a way I can repair with
>> local parts?
>>
>> John
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list