REFLECTOR: Fuel system design

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri Feb 17 15:41:33 CST 2012


"E" as in error?  Then during periods of cross flow, you wouldn't have 
accurate flow info, unless you had a 3rd sensor.

John

On 2/17/2012 3:29 PM, Mark Magee wrote:
> Is "E" negative? If yes then yes.
>
> Mark B. Magee
> Sent from IPhone 4
>
> On Feb 17, 2012, at 2:26 PM, John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com 
> <mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com>> wrote:
>
>> I like just one sensor.   I monitor it to confirm my mixture 
>> setting.  Having to add 2 readings would be a bit inconvenient.  If 
>> fuel is cross feeding with 2 sensors, would one reading be negative?
>>
>> John
>>
>> On 2/17/2012 2:10 PM, Reiff Lorenz wrote:
>>>
>>> Reflector,
>>>
>>> I will want to start plumbing my fuel and vent system soon, but have 
>>> many questions. I'd appreciate any advice you have.
>>>
>>> 1.Should I use aluminum tubing and flaired connections, as described 
>>> in the plans? Or would flexible hoses & compression fittings work 
>>> better? Are there other solutions? I'm looking for the easiest 
>>> installation and maintenance.
>>>
>>> 2.For monitoring fuel flow: What brand of fuel flow sensor should I 
>>> use? Should there be 2 separate sensors, one between each strake 
>>> tank and the sump? (I will be installing a Continental 550, so there 
>>> will be a fuel line to the engine and a fuel return from the engine.)
>>>
>>> 3.What's the best resource for learning how to 
>>> bend/flair/connect/secure the fuel lines. I flipped through 2 of the 
>>> Bingellis books and did not find much good information. I have not 
>>> yet checked his engine books . . . maybe there's more info in those.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help you can provide!
>>>
>>> Reiff Lorenz
>>>
>>> XL-RG, 30% done
>>>
>>> wings/canard/strakes/fuselage structure complete
>>>
>>> Still to do: install fuel system, controls, hydraulics, electrical 
>>> system, engine, interior, avionics, sand, prime, paint, fly
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery!www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120217/15a24e34/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list