REFLECTOR: Flutter testing
Jones Nick
nick.jones at volvo.com
Fri Feb 17 13:16:28 CST 2012
Reflects?
Best regards,
Nick
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of John Abraham
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 2:04 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'; 'Ron N Velocity XLFG'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flutter testing
Generally, you will see flutter around 185kias if it is winglet induced. The initial indication that it feels like is a tire spinning up in the wheel well. If you look at the winglet it will be doing a figure 8 pattern and gets your attention quick. I have seen this caused the most when the reflects is taken out of the rudder during finish work. The only way that you can eliminate this is to shim the rudders out into the airstream if you get this.
John Abraham
Chief Pilot, Executive V.P. Sales and Marketing
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CCED7D.F5691020]
200 W. Airport Drive
Sebastian, FL 32958
www.velocityaircraft.com<http://www.velocityaircraft.com/>
(P): 772-589-1860
(F): 772-589-1893
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of John Youngblood
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 1:46 PM
To: Ron N Velocity XLFG; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flutter testing
Why do flutter testing?
John
On Feb 17, 2012, at 8:12 AM, Ron N Velocity XLFG wrote:
I am continuing my flight testing and have been doing some flutter testing. What I have been doing is
whacking the control stick to the front then back then left then right to see if I can induce flutter. So far no flutter up to 165 knots.
I hate this part of the testing the plane is so responsive so when I wack the stick the plane does an very abrupt move.
Bang my head once . Ant one found a better way to induce flutter ?
Second thing I have noticed at climb out at around 90 knots and start a bank turn I get a small vibration I think it is buffeting of the canard
any one else have this happen?
Ron
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
________________________________
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com>
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2112/4815 - Release Date: 02/17/12
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120217/b22b6eac/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 4309 bytes
Desc: image001.jpg
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120217/b22b6eac/attachment-0001.jpg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list