REFLECTOR: Flutter testing

John Abraham john at velocityaircraft.com
Fri Feb 17 10:40:33 CST 2012


More often than not the vibration that you feel on climb out is your tire slowing down.  This happens a lot after you have done a few dozen landings even after balancing the tire.  If it is out of balance the same spot hits the ground every time on landing which makes it worse and worse.  Some people with FG aircraft have put a strip of orange silicone baffling material on the wheel pant to prevent it from spinning.  This also makes it slow down faster.

 

Our trainer as you can imagine, or have been here for it has this issue quite often with the amount of landings we do.

 

                      John Abraham

Chief Pilot, Executive V.P. Sales and Marketing

         Description: 4103

                  200 W. Airport Drive

                  Sebastian, FL 32958

             <http://www.velocityaircraft.com/> www.velocityaircraft.com

                  (P): 772-589-1860

                  (F): 772-589-1893

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Mark Magee
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 11:18 AM
To: Ron N Velocity XLFG; Velocity AircraftOwners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flutter testing

 

You should visibly see any buffeting on the canard.

Mark B. Magee

Sent from IPhone 4


On Feb 17, 2012, at 10:12 AM, "Ron N Velocity XLFG" <VelocityXL at fastmail.fm> wrote:

 I am continuing my flight testing and have been doing some flutter testing. What I have been doing is 

whacking the control stick to the front then  back then left then  right to see if I can induce flutter. So far no flutter up to 165 knots.

I hate this part of the testing the plane is so responsive so when I wack the stick the plane does an very abrupt move.

Bang my head once .  Ant one found a better way to induce flutter ?

 

Second thing I have noticed at climb out at around 90 knots and start a bank turn I get a small vibration I think it is buffeting of the canard 

any one else have this happen?

 

Ron

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

  _____  

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2112/4815 - Release Date: 02/17/12

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120217/c70bcf60/attachment.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 4309 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120217/c70bcf60/attachment.jpeg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list