REFLECTOR: Cowling Attachment
Mark Magee
edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:16:18 CST 2012
Bill,
I plan on using Skybolt, if there are different part numbers for the longer
ones on the doghouse or nose hatch would you mind posting them. I
calculated about $500 to replace all my #10's and some 8's to do both
cowls, wheelpants, nose door and dog house including the install tool. This
is much more economical vs certificated camlocks.
Mark Magee
N34XL XLFG 300HP
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Laura Walker <blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net>wrote:
> I have had excellent service with Skybolt fasteners.
>
> Their ZG28S3-Set2 worked very well everywhere on the cowling. It's
> adjustable-depth receptacle
> Is a trick piece of engineering.
>
> To make it even easier to remove the plenum runners, I changed the bottom
> ones out with their ZG2500 series Winged Head fasteners which can be
> reached blind and turned by hand.
>
> I opted to use all without the stud retainers so the fasteners are free
> from the cowling. Many of our locations have to slide into position (top
> and bottom cowl-to-fuselage), precluding fixed protrusions.
>
> I even have them on my nose hatch and some really long ones on my doghouse
> cover. I can have both off the plane in about 15 seconds.
>
> Bill
>
> Sent from my iPad
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120209/d9b136a5/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list