REFLECTOR: Cowling attachment

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Thu Feb 9 12:46:40 CST 2012


I just did this by making some tabs from aluminum angle- they are about ½”
wide and made from 1-1/2” angle, I put a little lead-in bend on the front
side, then attached them around the perimeter of the firewall using
temporary tongue depressor spacers to form the slot for the cowling- worked
well - there are probably 20 for each cowl half.

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:41 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cowling attachment

 

I plan to eliminate the screws on the forward edges of my cowls by making a
slot for the edges to slide in.  I believe Scott D has done this. 

John 

Mark Magee wrote: 

I am preparing to go 100% cam locks: upper/lower cowls, doghouse, wheelpants
and possibly battery cover. As was mentioned depth can be problematic, OTW I
can't see any downsides.  
Mark B. MageeSent from IPhone 4  
On Feb 8, 2012, at 12:55 PM, John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote: 
  

I have camlocs on the upper and lower wing attach points as well as where
the 2 cowlings attach together aft of the wing.  Works great. 

John 

Don Johnston wrote: 

Has anyone ever tried dzus or camloc fasteners for the upper and lower
cowling? 

Just wondering if there's a compromise between the panhead screws and the
totally invisible piano hinge method. 

-Don Johnston 
XL-RG 

 


  _____  

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>  
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________ 
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery 
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 


  _____  

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
 <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>  
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120209/6464bc8d/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list