REFLECTOR: Question about fuel site gauge
Mark Magee
edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:59:44 CST 2012
POUNDS!
Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4
On Feb 8, 2012, at 11:49 AM, Bellsouth Home <dugasd at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Gallons!
>
> Sent from Rene's iPad.
>
>
> On Feb 8, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Peter Braswell <peter.braswell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>> As I get this installed, I wanted to ask this of the group:
>>
>> Do you guys calibrate the site gauge by filling up the tanks with known quantities and placard accordingly (5 gal, 10, 20, …) or do you just mark it off in percentage quantities, e.g. 0, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full etc.? Interested in pros/cons if you have an opinion.
>>
>> Note: I'm also going to install capacitance sending units. I wanted the site gauges as a low-tech backup. I had only capacitance senders in my Glastar and they weren't the greatest things and I ended up replacing them with mechanicals, because it's easy to do both in the V, I'm hedging my bets …
>>
>> TIA,
>> Peter
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com
>> Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120208/7861867e/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list