REFLECTOR: Question about fuel site gauge

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:46:21 CST 2012


All,
As I get this installed, I wanted to ask this of the group:

Do you guys calibrate the site gauge by filling up the tanks with known
quantities and placard accordingly (5 gal, 10, 20, …) or do you just mark
it off in percentage quantities, e.g. 0, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full etc.?
 Interested in pros/cons if you have an opinion.

Note: I'm also going to install capacitance sending units.  I wanted the
site gauges as a low-tech backup.  I had only capacitance senders in my
Glastar and they weren't the greatest things and I ended up replacing them
with mechanicals, because it's easy to do both in the V, I'm hedging my
bets …

TIA,
Peter

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
*Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120208/c2d587f1/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list