REFLECTOR: social media

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 12:17:20 CST 2012


I didn't get the "social media" message, and do not know Richard Cano's E-mail server. A similar thing happened to a few folks on our Airpark server. We have discovered that MSN has been hacked a few times. The hackers access E-mail names through MSN, not the individual's account. Then everyone within that person's E-mail address book. They then send out all sorts of junk. 

If Mr. Cano has MSN, let him know to contact MSN. They have a way of fixing the problem once notified (without closing the account down). 

Hope that helps. 

Kurt 



-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Mon, Feb 6, 2012 11:10 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: social media


The only emails that are allowed are those from people already on the list.
I get notifications of tons of emails that are rejected.  Additionally, if your email to the reflector contains more than five other recipients, it will get blocked, unless I approve it.

If your email account gets hacked, and spammers send mail from your account, it will most likely get to the reflector.  I don't moderate the reflector.

On 2/6/2012 10:47 AM, Grover McNair wrote: 

Does the reflector allow links from social media? I just received a Linked In request from Richard Cano. It was sent through The Reflector.
Grover McNair


 

_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120206/6d18efe8/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list