REFLECTOR: Matco Brake leaking
Doug Kanczuzewski
doug at customstudio.com
Fri Dec 28 18:18:35 CST 2012
I was afraid someone was going to ask. I picked it up from NAPA auto parts about 9 months ago. Do not have the part # handy but I believe it was from a Nissan and NAPA pulled the model number off the master unit and they traced the part. It was special order and took about three days. I replaced both units easily.
Doug
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Baker
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 3:12 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Matco Brake leaking
Hi Doug,
Where did you get the new ones and what part #?
Thanks
Kevin
.
On Dec 28, 2012, at 4:36 PM, Doug Kanczuzewski <doug at customstudio.com<mailto:doug at customstudio.com>> wrote:
Mine is the nylon hose fitting at the caliper, not the master. I recently replaced both master cylinders as well, could not get a rebuild kit, but a new master cylinder was only like $27 each.
Doug
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Dennis King
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 1:57 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Matco Brake leaking
I had a leak on the master cylinder between the plastic reservoir and the aluminum casting that I fixed by tightening the clamp. I've seen several other reports of a leak in that area. Mine was on the left side as well, and it seems like others have leaked on that side. Must just be a coincidence that it happens on that side a lot.
Dennis
________________________________
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com<mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com>>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 1:30:45 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Matco Brake leaking
I lose fluid on the pilot side as well. I never see anything on the ground or around the wheel area, but there is a big streak under the wing.
John
On 12/28/2012 12:23 PM, Doug Kanczuzewski wrote:
Has anyone ever had a problem with the breaks intermittently leaking from around the ferrule?
Have had a problem for a while with brake fluid leaking out completely on the pilot side. Not at first or after a flight but will come back to the hanger a few weeks later, and prior reservoir is full and all of a sudden the fluid has leaked out.
For the longest time was never sure where it was leaking from but actually caught it last Saturday, from not even being moved for a couple weeks, leaking on to the hanger floor. Determined it was the nylon hose fitting leaking out.
I have replace everything in the brake system at least once, yes I have kept about ¼” of flex past the ferrule.
My final thoughts have been temperature change, hot when landing to temperature dropped into the 30’s (southern California) two weeks later and nylon tube shrinking and leaking?
I figured you pilots on the east coast would have bigger temperature shifts then I do? But I have a heavy airplane and probably get more heat on landings. Any thoughts?
Doug K
Ps I have tried out the new matco calipers and think they work great, a lot more stopping power.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121229/88fc5aaf/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list