REFLECTOR: Reflector: Insurance

Jack Prock jackprock at wavecable.com
Thu Dec 27 18:14:13 CST 2012


>>There is a reason the insurance comp. require that time.  They don't like 
>>paying for lawn dart flights.

HA!  I'm pretty sure if I become a lawn dart, having the landing gear down 
won't help much!!

I think they are worried about becoming a runway number scrubber!!

-----Original Message----- 
From: Scott Derrick
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:10 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector: Insurance

When I bought my first plane, a Bonanza, I had about 20 hours retract
time in an Arrow and Mooney.  The insurance company still required 10
hours dual in my Bonanza, followed by 10 solo before I could carry
passengers.

Why people think they can just buy into a retract with a smattering of
training is beyond me.

If you had 20 hours of retract, I'm sure you could negotiate a dual/solo
time requirement.

There is a reason the insurance comp. require that time.  They don't
like paying for lawn dart flights.

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Reflector: Insurance
From: Jack Prock <jackprock at wavecable.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 12/27/2012 04:55 PM

> HI,
>
> Finally taking the project out to the airport next week, with a
> potential first flight late spring or early summer.
> Started calling around to get insurance and EAA Falcon is now requiring
> 50 hours of retract time
> before they will even quote for flying insurance. I can get ground,
> (non- moving) with liability,
> but asked about flight insurance for if and when I get there. Man that
> seems high on the retract time.
>
> I know the insurance discussion has bounced around the Reflector, but
> does anyone have any
> other ideas for flight insurance?
>
> I currently have zero retract time, but plan on getting checked out and
> renting a retract then flying
> with Velocity before first flight. But 50 hours seems REALLY high!!
>
> Jack
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

-- 
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.
Will Rogers
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list