REFLECTOR: Repairing hydraulic lift pump in 1995 Velocity STD RG
Grover McNair
grover at mcnairperformance.com
Sun Dec 9 07:59:58 CST 2012
Just remove the canard. All that red goo needs to be cleaned out thoroughly. Be sure to support the rear of the plane when you remove any
significant weight from the nose, or tie down the nose.
Grover McNair
Sent from my iPhone
On Dec 8, 2012, at 11:04 PM, Rich Ervin <rich_ervin at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have pink fluid all over the bottom of my plane, and the reservoir of the hydraulic pump is empty as far as I can reach my fingers (but the the inside is coated with a thick red goo).
>
> I don't know why this thing would have started leaking in the first place, and I'm not sure where it's at. Here are my ideas for fixing this...
>
> 1) Remove the canard first, then remove the pump from the top
> 2) Remove the pump from the inside without removing the canard
> 3) Don't remove the pump at all, but first put some fluid into the reservoir to verify that in fact it is leaking from that location.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121209/0853c34b/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list