REFLECTOR: Now we know why N399DG was for sale
Rich Ervin
rich_ervin at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:05:35 CST 2012
I once saw a Navy built Velocity (huge!) built from a number of spare military parts - in fact, it was for sale back in 2001! Now I was told that was strictly authorized project - a testbed for military applications of the velocity design, but now I'm wondering if this is the same one... Actually I think that might have been a long-eze... Naw it couldn't be that one.
From: richard at naples-air-center.com
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:59:50 -0500
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Now we know why N399DG was for sale
I heard a rumor, and only a rumor since the military and government are denying it, but this velocity is actually powered by a military surplus pulse jet engine from the Aurora Project. I cannot stress enough, this is only a rumor now.........
Richard
Sent from my iPhone 5
On Nov 30, 2012, at 7:04 AM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
Interesting. Might be a good buy, military surplus, pennies on the dollar, aerospace engineer built... Might even have a stealth jammer box installed that Uncle Sam's finest don't recognize and leave in the bird...
Mark B. MageeN34XL
Sent from IPhone 4S
On Nov 29, 2012, at 8:20 PM, Clayton Chase <chasec at gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe I was the only one who didn't know, but it's bad news.
This new source says it was partially built with materials he stole from the Navy.
http://hamptonroads.com/2012/11/navy-purchaser-diverted-74000-plane-gadgets
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20121203/46c7cb93/attachment.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list