REFLECTOR: Roll Trim

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 20:14:42 CDT 2012


Scott,

Yeah, I've heard that works.  I'm working on a more permanent solution.
 Rather than use a string, I'm going to use a timing
belt<http://www.mcmaster.com/#mxl-series-timing-belts/=j1vwr3>.
 I've removed the washer welded on to the end of the gear motor and will
slip on a small timing belt pulley (like
this<http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/1062/=j1vwko>).
 Add a couple stronger springs (attached to the ends of the timing belt)
and I think I'll have a pretty nice, firm trim system.  I think the only
issue may be the gear motor itself that does not employ a worm gear, so it
will slip.  I talked to Scott Swing earlier this week and he indicated that
they have a new roll trim motor and the shaft will not rotate when it has
no power - probably give that one a try if I see slippage issues.

Just waiting for the timing belt and pulley to come from McMaster - I'll
post some pictures and report when I have it together (hopefully this
weekend).

Geoff

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> An easy way to improve the stock roll trim is to spray the string with
> belt dressing. You can get a small can of it at any autoparts store.
>
> I usually spray mine a couple times a year.  Be liberal in your
> application of it.
>
> Scott
>
>
> --
> Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
> Will Rogers
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120828/16794828/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list