REFLECTOR: Aileron Side stick

Doug Kanczuzewski doug at customstudio.com
Mon Aug 13 12:50:40 CDT 2012


#3.  The two aileron cable run diagonally across the floor, under the carpeting and then curve up  and then thru the firewall toward the side of the plane.
A) yes it is probably stiffer, unfortunately I am probably not a good judge as I am use to it. At normal cruise it does not take much to bank the plane. Slower at landing speed it is a bit more noticeable, but then I have no fences or vortex generators either.
B) I was able to mount the auto pilot to the canard. The linkage can be seen in one of the photos.

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the photos of your installation. Let me see if I understand it correctly:

1. Your side sticks both attach to a torque tube above the canard (parallel to your elevator torque tube).
2. The two aileron cables attach to this torque tube in the center, near the front of the keel.
3. The two aileron cables run along the keel (or do they go diagonally across the floor?) to the back of the plane and then take the usual aileron-cable path curving toward the sides of the plane, up and out the firewall.

Is that about right?

A few questions for you:

A. Any problems with stiff controls or slop in the system?
B. Where did you mount your aileron trim and autopilot?

I really appreciate your help!


Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 35% complete
Currently working on: Reinforcing and extending my transverse bulkhead (Installed at the wrong angle, so had to cut a lot of the first one out for gear clearance)


The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar. Available 24/7 for builders and owners:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f




-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Doug Kanczuzewski
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 6:36 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list (reflector at tvbf.org)
Subject: REFLECTOR: Aileron Side stick

  Here is a photo of the cable run up the co-pilot side. 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list