REFLECTOR: Aileron cables for side sticks

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Thu Aug 9 11:19:54 CDT 2012


I've chatted with a number of builders in the past few weeks in the Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar. I've discovered that a number of us are installing the side-stick option and want to eliminate the torque tube in the keel.

Scott Swing has indicated a willingness to think through an alternative connection method for us, probably involving control cables that run all the way from the sticks to the wing root. A few options are presented in the attached PDF. These are my sketches and thoughts, not Scott's, and I'd love the community's input. I'm leaning toward #3, since it has the fewest parts and takes the least design / re-engineering, but might be talked into one of the other options if it is safer, easier, or philosophically more elegant. :-)

Let me know what you think. Also, please contact me (directly is OK) if you too are interested in a more direct connection for your side-sticks so I can tell the factory how many of us there are.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 35% complete
Currently working on: Fuel system plumbing


The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar<https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f>. Available 24/7 for builders and owners:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120809/5e59f5aa/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Aileron cable options.pdf
Type: application/pdf
Size: 244157 bytes
Desc: Aileron cable options.pdf
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120809/5e59f5aa/attachment-0001.pdf>


More information about the Reflector mailing list