REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed

Mike Dawson medawson250 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 09:36:41 CDT 2012


You need a broker. I am sure Skysmith works. Mine just happens to be...
Teri Branstitre
Northwest
Insurance Group, Inc.
3301 NE Cornell Road,
Suite R
Hillsboro, Oregon97124
503-640-6060
/ Fax 503-640-6202
www.NWinsurance.net

Mike Dawson N104DD



________________________________
 From: Lawrence Epstein <ljepstein at hotmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed
 

Will Chartis write a policy directly, or do you need to go through a broker. If so, anyone have the number?


On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:

I as well use Skysmith and they have written me with Chartis last two years. Excellent service and all carriers shopped for price (except Avemco).
>Very happy and much better pricing than Avemco.
>
>Mark B. Magee
>Sent from IPhone 4
>
>On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:29 AM, Peter Braswell <peter.braswell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>All,
>>When I had my Glastar, I had it insured through Skysmith insurance.  I never got anything but top notch customer service from them.
>>
>>
>>-Peter
>>
>>Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>On Aug 1, 2012, at 7:04 AM, Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>John,
>>>
>>>
>>>Thanks, I'll give her a call.  Do you know  Bryon Schwartz at Avemco?  He's who I'm working with - great guy.  Initially he thought I'd be fine with 5hrs retracts for liability only, but he called me yesterday and said I'd need 5hrs more.  It sounds like there's some flexibility there, tho.  He said he knows you guys at Velocity.  I'm wondering if a call from you indicating I did fine in transition training might help?
>>>
>>>
>>>Geoff
>>>
>>>
>>>On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM, John Abraham <john at velocityaircraft.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Contact Julie Bean at PIM. I can post her number when I get back to the office. 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>On Aug 1, 2012, at 5:34 AM, Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Hi All
>>>>>I hear ya, I'm with AUA and got a notice on 6/25 that my insurance will be up and to renew
>>>>>I sent AUA my renewal info that day and was told they would get back with me when they got the new quotes.
>>>>>I followed up with a phone call.
>>>>>Now here I am ... My insurance expiring 8/10 and have heard nothing from AUA.
>>>>>Mmmm guess I'll try someone else ?? 
>>>>>Hope I can get something in 10 days.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Thanks
>>>>>Kevin Baker
>>>>>
>>>>>.
>>>>>
>>>>>On Aug 1, 2012, at 12:35 AM, Erik Franks <efranks3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Yeah, you're right Kurt. She was terrible about calling back even though when I could reach her she'd say she'd call right back. No one wanted anything to do with my XL with an LS1 so I'm "self insuring".
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>good luck with a retufn call from Pam. Never received a call back with may messages. E-mail me if you want another option. Waiting for my quote.  
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Kurt
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>>From: Al Gietzen <alventures at cox.net>
>>>>>>>To: geoff.gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>; 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>>>>>>Sent: Tue, Jul 31, 2012 6:14 pm
>>>>>>>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Call Pam at AUA http://www.auaonline.com/
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>Al
>>>>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>>>>>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Geoff Gerhardt
>>>>>>>>Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:18  PM
>>>>>>>>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>>>>>>>>Subject: REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
Guys, 
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>I have my airworthiness inspection schedule for next week, got my complex  endorsement then went down to Velocity a few weeks ago for transition training  (went great, John's a great instructor), so first flight is in sight.  I  had some bad news from my Avemco rep.  I've had builders insurance with  them for awhile and had talked to them last week about transitioning to flight  insurance, liability only.  Fine, they said, everything was in order  after I relayed all my info.  But, today I got a call and my rep said I  need another 5hrs in retract time before they'll insure me.  Just go out  in an Arrow for 5hrs, he says, and you'll be good.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>A couple things - no, 5hrs in an Arrow after coming off Velocity  transition training and I'll be worse.  It took about 5 landings to get  out slow landing, aileron control on final mode and into 85kt final, all  rudders.  Five hours in an Arrow right before my first flight would not  be a good idea.  Secondly, why do they care about my time in a retract  for liability insurance?  Landing wheels up doesn't do a lot of damage to  the runway.  Sorry, just venting.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Anyway, I'm considering my options now.  Fly without insurance for  the first 5hrs?  Does anyone know any other insurance companies for  low-time retract pilots (I have 5hrs retract time)?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Geoff
>>>>>>>>173RG
>>>>>>>>http://thegerhardts.com/velocity
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
>>>>>>>_______________________________________________
>>>>>>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>_______________________________________________
>>>>>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>>>
>>>>_______________________________________________
>>>>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>>
>>>>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>_______________________________________________
>>>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>
>>>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>>
>>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120801/81091a94/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list