REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed

Jones Nick nick.jones at volvo.com
Wed Aug 1 07:29:23 CDT 2012


I had builders insurance with AVEMCO thinking that it would help with a better rate transitioning to flight insurance. This was not the case. After researching other companies and comparing to AVEMCO, they were constantly more expensive than anyone else.

Best regards,

Nick and Connie Jones
Velocity XL-RG
N10CN
99% done 90% to go

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Mark Magee
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:06 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Cc: Velocity AircraftOwners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed

I as well use Skysmith and they have written me with Chartis last two years. Excellent service and all carriers shopped for price (except Avemco).
Very happy and much better pricing than Avemco.

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4

On Aug 1, 2012, at 6:29 AM, Peter Braswell <peter.braswell at gmail.com<mailto:peter.braswell at gmail.com>> wrote:
All,
When I had my Glastar, I had it insured through Skysmith insurance.  I never got anything but top notch customer service from them.

-Peter

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 1, 2012, at 7:04 AM, Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com<mailto:geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>> wrote:
John,

Thanks, I'll give her a call.  Do you know  Bryon Schwartz at Avemco?  He's who I'm working with - great guy.  Initially he thought I'd be fine with 5hrs retracts for liability only, but he called me yesterday and said I'd need 5hrs more.  It sounds like there's some flexibility there, tho.  He said he knows you guys at Velocity.  I'm wondering if a call from you indicating I did fine in transition training might help?

Geoff
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:39 AM, John Abraham <john at velocityaircraft.com<mailto:john at velocityaircraft.com>> wrote:
Contact Julie Bean at PIM. I can post her number when I get back to the office.


On Aug 1, 2012, at 5:34 AM, Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net<mailto:flykb at verizon.net>> wrote:
Hi All
I hear ya, I'm with AUA and got a notice on 6/25 that my insurance will be up and to renew
I sent AUA my renewal info that day and was told they would get back with me when they got the new quotes.
I followed up with a phone call.
Now here I am ... My insurance expiring 8/10 and have heard nothing from AUA.
Mmmm guess I'll try someone else ??
Hope I can get something in 10 days.

Thanks
Kevin Baker

.

On Aug 1, 2012, at 12:35 AM, Erik Franks <efranks3 at gmail.com<mailto:efranks3 at gmail.com>> wrote:
Yeah, you're right Kurt. She was terrible about calling back even though when I could reach her she'd say she'd call right back. No one wanted anything to do with my XL with an LS1 so I'm "self insuring".
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:02 PM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com<mailto:nmflyer1 at aol.com>> wrote:
good luck with a retufn call from Pam. Never received a call back with may messages. E-mail me if you want another option. Waiting for my quote.

Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Gietzen <alventures at cox.net<mailto:alventures at cox.net>>
To: geoff.gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com<mailto:geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>>; 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
Sent: Tue, Jul 31, 2012 6:14 pm
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed
Call Pam at AUA http://www.auaonline.com/

Al
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org?>] On Behalf Of Geoff Gerhardt
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:18 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed
Guys,

I have my airworthiness inspection schedule for next week, got my complex endorsement then went down to Velocity a few weeks ago for transition training (went great, John's a great instructor), so first flight is in sight.  I had some bad news from my Avemco rep.  I've had builders insurance with them for awhile and had talked to them last week about transitioning to flight insurance, liability only.  Fine, they said, everything was in order after I relayed all my info.  But, today I got a call and my rep said I need another 5hrs in retract time before they'll insure me.  Just go out in an Arrow for 5hrs, he says, and you'll be good.

A couple things - no, 5hrs in an Arrow after coming off Velocity transition training and I'll be worse.  It took about 5 landings to get out slow landing, aileron control on final mode and into 85kt final, all rudders.  Five hours in an Arrow right before my first flight would not be a good idea.  Secondly, why do they care about my time in a retract for liability insurance?  Landing wheels up doesn't do a lot of damage to the runway.  Sorry, just venting.

Anyway, I'm considering my options now.  Fly without insurance for the first 5hrs?  Does anyone know any other insurance companies for low-time retract pilots (I have 5hrs retract time)?

Geoff
173RG
http://thegerhardts.com/velocity


_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120801/c72418e6/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list