REFLECTOR: Franklin Accessory Gears

Grover McNair grover at mcnairperformance.com
Sun Apr 29 16:13:41 CDT 2012


Complete engines are not available yet but May be soon. I met the owner of Franklin at Sun N Fun along with his son as interpreter. They are very motivated to expand in the US market. They may come back over for Oshkosh. Southern Aero hosted them and they answered questions at the seminar. I came away pleased that parts are available and much more is on the way.
Grover

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2012, at 4:10 PM, Mr Robert Geis <regeis55 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'll call him on Monday but does anyone know if he's importing complete engines, I know PXL-F was trying to get back into production but haven't heard a recent update.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Bob Geis
> Snohomish, Wa
> 
> From: Grover McNair <grover at mcnairperformance.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
> Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 2:51 PM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin Accessory Gears
> 
> John, 
> Give Robert Still with Southern Aero a call. He is now the US distributor for Franklin engines. 336-476-9094. He is building my Franklin now. He recently put on the Franklin seminar at Sun N Fun. 
> Grover McNair
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On Apr 27, 2012, at 6:47 PM, John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
> 
> > During my last oil change I got a big surprise, finding a lot of metal on my ADC oil filter screen.  This is a great filter and lets me see everything that's filtered from my oil. A magnet indicates that it is mostly steel.  There are shiny aluminum particles also.  My Franklin mechanic told me that the gears are the most likely problem, so I have removed them.  A local mechanic told me that the gears need replacing.  He checked the cam and that looks good.  I sent the metal from the filter for analysis so I can make a final determination if I need to look for any thing else.  I took apart the alternator gear and there is wear between the gear and the housing.  I want to install a shim washer between the gear and the housing.  Bronze was suggested, but after seeing the wear, I think bronze will get eaten up fast, so I'm thinking of mild steel.  Any comments or ideas will be appreciated.
> > 
> > John
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> > 
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120429/7a18c5af/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list