REFLECTOR: Water

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Wed Apr 25 11:13:39 CDT 2012


I haven't really put it any abuse yet, but I got sail plane tape, which I
hoped to hold up better to UV and to release more cleanly than electrical
tape, which you can also get in white or clear.


[LINK: http://www.soaringstuff.com/shopping/shoptape.html]
http://www.soaringstuff.com/shopping/shoptape.html


Brett


> Hi  >

> I use the old good fashion electrical tape to cover the gaps of the
canard  with the removable canard top. I generally replace the tape when it
looks  that is decaying a bit, but this time there was spot I did not see
and it  allowed water to come into the back of my avionics connectors.
We had a couple of days of non-stopping rain. So, I guess I have now the
first Velocity equipped with an indoor swimming pool!!!    Thankfully the
sun came back and use a hairdryer to dry everything. The good  news is that
all seems to work and no damage happened, but the lesson is  that maybe it
is time to retire the old good fashion tape and find a more  reliable and
permanent solution.    Has anyone come up with an idea for this?    Ruben
G. Creus  571.215.0025  [LINK:
https://www.fastmail.fm/mail/?MLS=MR-**f13928597u43146*;MSS=;SMB-CF=13928597;SMR-PT=;SMR-UM=f13928597u43146;UDm=49;Ust=a0980a26.0f9e418b;MSignal=MC-FN*U-1*ruben%40vainneg.com]
ruben at vainneg.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120425/f2516fa3/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list