REFLECTOR: Water

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 25 10:09:21 CDT 2012


If I am reading you correctly, you are trying to seal the seams where the 
canard fits onto the fuselage. If that is correct, here is what I have done. 
First lay a bead of clear silicone on the upper surfaces. Then lay clear 
plastic wrap over all of the lower surfaces. Install the canard loosely 
without any of the bolts. Allow it to dry for a day. Then come back , remove 
the plastic wrap and bold down the canard. After that you can trim off any 
excess that has come out onto the outside surface. Gives a good tight seal.

If you are talking about sealing the non-concentric torque tubes. My answer 
is there is no way except convert to the concentric tubes.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Ruben Creus
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:22 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Water

Hi

I use the old good fashion electrical tape to cover the gaps of the canard
with the removable canard top. I generally replace the tape when it looks
that is decaying a bit, but this time there was spot I did not see and it
allowed water to come into the back of my avionics connectors.

We had a couple of days of non-stopping rain. So, I guess I have now the
first Velocity equipped with an indoor swimming pool!!!

Thankfully the sun came back and use a hairdryer to dry everything. The good
news is that all seems to work and no damage happened, but the lesson is
that maybe it is time to retire the old good fashion tape and find a more
reliable and permanent solution.

Has anyone come up with an idea for this?

Ruben G. Creus
571.215.0025
ruben at vainneg.com


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list