REFLECTOR: Elite FG nose pant speed?

Kevin Baker flykb at verizon.net
Sun Apr 22 20:34:15 CDT 2012


Thank you everyone for all your good info.
I had a nose wheel pant that was ....mmmm not working very well. It 
was.. 1) too heavy, 2) back hung too low and caught air, 3) flew 
crooked...etc... etc...
I took it off and lots of issues associated with went away and was 1) 
look to see if I put another one on I could expect 1-3 knots more and 2) 
if it was worth it.

Thanks again really appreciate all the wonderful folks and advice on the 
reflector.
Kevin Baker

On 4/22/2012 7:34 PM, Andrew Judge wrote:
> I see maybe 3 kts? It's my 3rd set and this one works well without 
> problems. I've had shimmy on my second pair. I typically always fly 
> with it on now. I maybe have 300 hours on this pair.
>
> Andy
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on 
> behalf of Dennis Martin [dennis.doc at gmail.com]
> *Sent:* Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:07 PM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Elite FG nose pant speed?
>
> No wheel pant for me, either. To compensate I went "chrome." Simply 
> smooth the fork with coarse-to-fine grades of sand paper, and then put 
> it on a buffing wheel. Shines like the top of the Chrysler building. 
> Spray a little lacquer and it will stay shiny for a long time.
>
> Dennis
>
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:07 AM, <gstull at tampabay.rr.com 
> <mailto:gstull at tampabay.rr.com>> wrote:
>
>     I saw absolutely no speed difference with or without the nose
>     wheel pant on my Velo 173FG. The problem I was having was
>     occasionally in a crosswind takeoff, the nosewheel would be canted
>     to the side. With the wheel pant it acted as a rudder and required
>     substantial pedal to counter act. The first time it happened it
>     took me by surprise. It has never happened again since I removed
>     the nosewheel pant. I'm much more content knowing I won't have to
>     go around and land again to straighten out the nose wheel.
>     ---- Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net <mailto:flykb at verizon.net>> wrote:
>     > Hi all
>     > Does anyone know if putting on the nose wheel pant will have any
>     speed increase or ?
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > Kevin Baker
>     >
>     > .
>     > _______________________________________________
>     > To change your email address, visit
>     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>     >
>     > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>     <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>     > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>     > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>     <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>     > Check old archives:
>     http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     To change your email address, visit
>     http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>     Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>     <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>     Check old archives:
>     http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> All the best,
> Dennis
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120422/0a64701d/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list