REFLECTOR: Elite FG nose pant speed?

Karl J. Warner karljwarnerpa at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 22 11:34:49 CDT 2012


I like the look with nose pant on and wonder if it helps with nose wheel FOD through the prop.  No difference in speed and I agree that the pant can become a huge rudder; however, on my bird with the tension cranked up I've had no further problems or shimmy.
On Apr 22, 2012, at 12:12 PM, reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:

> From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
> Date: April 22, 2012 11:30:13 AM EDT
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elite FG nose pant speed?
> Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> 
> 
> Yeah, I think the main pants has a better chance of making a speed difference as the wheel is much larger and there is all the brake stuff and part of the gear leg.
> 
> The nose wheel is so small, I doubt if you can tell.
> 
> Scott
> 
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elite FG nose pant speed?
> From: <gstull at tampabay.rr.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 04/22/2012 08:07 AM
> 
>> I saw absolutely no speed difference with or without the nose wheel pant on my Velo 173FG. The problem I was having was occasionally in a crosswind takeoff, the nosewheel would be canted to the side. With the wheel pant it acted as a rudder and required substantial pedal to counter act. The first time it happened it took me by surprise. It has never happened again since I removed the nosewheel pant. I'm much more content knowing I won't have to go around and land again to straighten out the nose wheel.
>> ---- Kevin Baker<flykb at verizon.net>  wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>> Does anyone know if putting on the nose wheel pant will have any speed increase or ?
>>> 
>>> Thanks
>>> Kevin Baker
>>> 
>>> .
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
> 
> -- 
> I would no more quarrel with a man because of his religion than I would because of his art.
> Mary Baker Eddy
> 
> 
> 
> 
> From: Dennis Martin <dennis.doc at gmail.com>
> Date: April 22, 2012 12:07:28 PM EDT
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elite FG nose pant speed?
> Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> 
> 
> No wheel pant for me, either. To compensate I went "chrome." Simply smooth the fork with coarse-to-fine grades of sand paper, and then put it on a buffing wheel. Shines like the top of the Chrysler building. Spray a little lacquer and it will stay shiny for a long time.
> 
> Dennis

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120422/3c38c845/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list