REFLECTOR: Leaving the Nest
Michael Watson
mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 10:13:52 CDT 2012
Richard,
Where are you located at KAPF, I sometimes fly there to exercise my bird.
I'm based at KLNA hanger 212. Maybe we can meet at KOBE for lunch and
compare notes.
Mike W.
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Richard J. Gentil <
richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I'm down to one hour to go on my restriction. (which I will use to fly to
> the factory for them to give the SERG a good once over for me.)
>
> My home base is Naples, KAPF. My box I was given was Everglades City X01,
> Okeechobee KOBE, Charlotte County KPGD. If I fly that route ending in
> Naples again it is 230nm. Makes for a pretty respectable box.
>
> I had a discussion before the box was issued to me and we went over
> options. It paid off well with a good amount of airspace to cover each trip.
>
> I must admit I stayed for the first 15 hours running the coastline by the
> airport doing one hour hops, land, spend a week or more (longest one was
> three months work) working on the Velo between flights.
>
> After 15 hours I had accomplished everything I wanted on my test flight
> schedule I had put together and from then on it has been 2.5 hour hops up
> at 8,500 feet enjoying the cool air over the rural Florida scenery.
>
> Richard
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic
>
> On Apr 20, 2012, at 2:02 PM, Mike Dawson <medawson250 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > 75 miles? The Feds give you more than a 50 mile radius? Lucky you.
> >
> > Michael E Dawson
> > ATCI CFII
> >
> >
> > On Apr 20, 2012, at 10:54 AM, "David Ullman" <ullman at robustdecisions.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> The Volta Volare effort is out of Portland OR. I got in touch with the
> main
> >> man, Paul Peterson. He will be in Corvallis (where I am) tomorrow and
> we
> >> will meet then for me to get more details. If we miss tomorrow, which
> we
> >> might - see below, then I will see him at the Café Electric Airplane
> >> Symposium next week which we are both attending.
> >>
> >> The reason that I might miss meeting Paul is that the weather is better
> so I
> >> can fly off some more hours. I got my transponder certified yesterday.
> The
> >> today went out this AM and shot landings. Prior flights were high and
> fast
> >> using most of CVOs 5000 ft. Today I got the speed under co9ntrol and
> was
> >> doing touch and goes and easily coming to full stop in 2500ft. The
> plane
> >> handles easily on final and am over the numbers at 85kts. I think
> with the
> >> vortex generators I can get to 80kts. We will see. Just very happy to
> be
> >> able to land in a reasonable distance and getting a comfortable feel
> for the
> >> plane.
> >>
> >> Next flight I will leave gliding distance from CVO and fly to another 75
> >> miles away. My palms sweat thinking about it.
> >>
> >> David Ullman
> >> N-444DX Velocity
> >> EAA 292 President
> >> david at davidullman.com
> >> 541-754-3609
> >> 1655 NW Hillcrest Dr
> >> Corvallis OR 97330
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >>
> >> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG
Franklin /IVO Electric CS
Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120421/8177a40a/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list