REFLECTOR: Electric Velocity and more flight progress

Ron VelocityXLFG velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 20 14:28:49 CDT 2012


Leaving the gliding distance of my home port was and is quite unnerving for 
me
also. I have done it once and rushed right back to the airport soon as I got 
done
with my fly over a friends house. Engine sounded different  plane flew 
slower
altitude was never enough.

Ron

-----Original Message----- 
From: David Ullman
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 12:54 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Electric Velocity and more f.light progress

The Volta Volare effort is out of Portland OR.  I got in touch with the main
man, Paul Peterson.  He will be in Corvallis (where I am) tomorrow and we
will meet then for me to get more details.  If we miss tomorrow, which we
might -  see below, then I will see him at the Café Electric Airplane
Symposium next week which we are both attending.

The reason that I might miss meeting Paul is that the weather is better so I
can fly off some more hours.  I got my transponder certified yesterday.  The
today went out this AM and shot landings.  Prior flights were high and fast
using most of CVOs 5000 ft.  Today I got the speed under co9ntrol and was
doing touch and goes and easily coming to full stop in 2500ft.  The plane
handles easily on final and  am over the numbers at 85kts.  I think with the
vortex generators I can get to 80kts.  We will see.  Just very happy to be
able to land in a reasonable distance and getting a comfortable feel for the
plane.

Next flight I will leave gliding distance from CVO and fly to another 75
miles away.  My palms sweat thinking about it.

David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity
EAA 292 President
david at davidullman.com
541-754-3609
1655 NW Hillcrest Dr
Corvallis OR 97330

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list