REFLECTOR: Electric Velocity

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Thu Apr 19 17:31:24 CDT 2012


Ah. Al. I do enjoy your insight. Helps keeps me educated.

BTW, have you heard the status of your old bird?.When I was at the factory two weeks ago they were thinking they were going to have to pull the engine first some internal work. We were thinking new side seals at the time. Well, since the quaoted rebuild price, iirc, at $2500 I would think an nice rebuild.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Apr 19, 2012, at 5:19 PM, "Al Gietzen" <alventures at cox.net<mailto:alventures at cox.net>> wrote:

Magic!  Roughly same canard and wing span as the Velocity SE, more than 1000 lbs heavier empty weight; yet a lower wing loading than the Velocity. And a gross weight of 3800 lbs, but the wing loading in "landing configuration" magically drops to 12.9 lbs/ft-sq?  Must be a second set of wings that extend for landing.

Or; maybe I'm just missing something.

Al
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:59 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Electric Velocity

I was just perusing my new Popular Science magazine, and noticed that they have a story on an Electric version of the Velocity  from a company called Volta Volaire.  http://www.voltavolare.com/  The website shows it to have twin tails similar to that firefly model from Korea. Not sure how far along they are, but they are making claims of 300 mile range on battery power and it will have a small gas powered genset to extend the range to something more useable. I am not even sure if Velocity is aware of the folks- never heard them mentioned, but they did take pics from Velocities site and modify them…..
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120419/d2486f2c/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list