REFLECTOR: Good reason to Back-Up your GRT Screens

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:53:38 CDT 2012


Dead Reckoning?
Or Modern Day Dead Reckoning: iNAV or navigation by iPhone.

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4

On Apr 16, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Lawrence Epstein <ljepstein at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, that's a little scary!
> 
> Why both screens? Aren't they independent? What happens if you need to restart the panel inflight and you get that??
> 
> Larry Epstein
> 
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Laura Walker <blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I powered up my plane today only to find both GRT screens saying "Unrecoverable error found, reinstall latest revision" or something like that. I had the latest versions in the plane, so I plugged in the thumb drive and did just that. Only problem was, it took everything and I mean EVERYTHING back to initial defaults. Original, initial defaults with no port assignments, baud rates, engine limits, GPS stuff, fuel tank sender calibrations...all gone.  Ugghh!
> 
> At one time I had backed them up, but can't quite remember where that little bugger got to.
> 
> Guess I'll have a nice half day ahead of me with the plane hooked up to ground power punching in numbers.
> 
> Bill Walker
> 
> Sent from my iPad
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120416/0494f8c7/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list