REFLECTOR: Pressure testing Strakes. Help me!!
Mel Bina
pusherpilot1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 22:43:55 CDT 2012
The fuel caps can be hard to seal Go to the hardware store and buy a
plumbers plug to replace the fuel cap. That solved the problem for me.
Mel Bina
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM, <KMis178813 at aol.com> wrote:
> **
> Tom
>
> Lube the O-Ring on the fuel caps. 8 out of 10 times that fixes the
> leaks. Just hope it's not the other 2!
>
> Ken
>
> In a message dated 4/6/2012 3:21:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> tomfalls6 at gmail.com writes:
>
> Help! I’m struggling to find very very small leaks in both strakes after
> closing them out. I am using a water manometer hooked to the strainer side
> of each tank and a hose with a valve on the vent line. I blow in the hose
> and when I see about 19” between each water column (equivalent to about
> 0.68 psi or 170 knots on an ASI) , I shut off the valve. Then I go around
> and brush a soapy water mixture over all joints, fittings, seams etc.
> Initially I found and fixed a few leaks. For instance I had to tighten the
> clamps on the sight gages. On the left tank the manometer drops from 19” to
> 18” of H2O in 30 seconds (+/- 5 seconds). On the right tank it’s about 10
> minutes to drop from 19” to 18”. I am at the point where looking for
> bubbles with soapy water is not revealing the location of the leaks.****
>
> ** **
>
> Any ideas?? How are others finding leaks? Should I maybe use a higher
> pressure in the tanks? If so, how much pressure is enough and how is this
> done?****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks in advance,****
>
> Tom ****
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120406/6879370b/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list