REFLECTOR: Twin Video

Jones Nick nick.jones at volvo.com
Thu Apr 5 10:39:12 CDT 2012


I have heard reports from some folks that saw it at SNF that there is 90 pounds of lead in the nose.

Best regards,
Nick

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:53 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Twin Video

If the winglets were put back on, and perhaps enlarged enough to counteract asymmetric thrust, then I think the center rudder could be removed.  Connecting the control linkages presents new challenges, and perhaps a torque or push pull tube or cable run in front of the spar is a solution.

What is in the space that used to be the engine cowl?  Is there a firewall at that location?  If it were open, that raises the possibility of some serious luggage possibilities, like skis.  Of course all subject to weight and balance.  I bet the TwinV is already very light in the nose.

On 4/5/2012 8:53 AM, Scott Derrick wrote:
I think that over-sized empennage looks weird!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120405/9819d209/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list