REFLECTOR: Transitional Training

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:22:50 CDT 2012


I can see it.  Takes a LONG time to load.

EXTREMELY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Sale: SERG Kit, 50% complete.  Make offer.  Will consider trades for a
V-Twin kit :)

(totally kidding)

-Peter
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
*Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
------------------------------------------------------------------------



On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Jones Nick <nick.jones at volvo.com> wrote:

> Is it me or does anyone see the video? All I get is engine sounds but no
> video.****
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards,****
>
> Nick****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On
> Behalf Of *John Abraham
> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:58 PM
> *To:* 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Transitional Training****
>
> ** **
>
> Video of the V-Twin is now on the website.  Check the bottom of the V-Twin
> update page.****
>
> ** **
>
>                       John Abraham****
>
> Chief Pilot, Executive V.P. Sales and Marketing****
>
>          [image: Description: 4103]****
>
>                   200 W. Airport Drive****
>
>                   Sebastian, FL 32958****
>
>             www.velocityaircraft.com****
>
>                   (P): 772-589-1860****
>
>                   (F): 772-589-1893****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Mark Magee
> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:23 PM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Cc:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Transitional Training****
>
> ** **
>
> Hi John,****
>
> Thanks for clarification. I will now be slipping my XLFG.****
>
> I will say, putting the prop forward in the pattern before landing is
> quite a nice brake vs my old Long EZ on a fixed pitch prop.
>
> Mark B. Magee****
>
> Sent from IPhone 4****
>
>
> On Apr 4, 2012, at 1:52 PM, "John Abraham" <john at velocityaircraft.com>
> wrote:****
>
> The aircraft slips fine, most canard “experts” will tell you that you can
> stall a winglet or that it will come off or that you can stall the main
> wing.  If you look back through the Reflector I think I wrote a thing on
> this a year ago or so when it came up with how to do it.  I have slipped
> many of these and have had no issues.  I can’t speak for the EZ or Cozy
> people, (maybe that’s why the bow down to the Velocity), just my experience.
> ****
>
>  ****
>
>                       John Abraham****
>
> Chief Pilot, Executive V.P. Sales and Marketing****
>
>          <image001.jpg>****
>
>                   200 W. Airport Drive****
>
>                   Sebastian, FL 32958****
>
>             www.velocityaircraft.com****
>
>                   (P): 772-589-1860****
>
>                   (F): 772-589-1893****
>
>  ****
>
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On
> Behalf Of *Peter Braswell
> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 04, 2012 2:34 PM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Transitional Training****
>
>  ****
>
> Mark,****
>
> I seem to recall John talking about slips and speaking that they were ok.
>  I'm not sure though.  Maybe John, if you're monitoring you can chime in?*
> ***
>
>  ****
>
> -Peter****
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------**
> **
>
> *"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*****
>
> *Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------**
> **
>
>
> **
> ******
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
> ****
>
> Ron (and John A.)****
>
> I was told to NOT slip my XLFG, nor the company trainer. I was to use the
> board only. I was quite disappointed at this for I used to routinely slip
> my Long EZ in on base to final and on final.
>
> Mark B. Magee****
>
> Sent from IPhone 4****
>
>
> On Apr 4, 2012, at 10:14 AM, "Ron N Velocity XLFG" <VelocityXL at fastmail.fm>
> wrote:****
>
> I thought about doing with out the transition training but oh so glad I
> did get it  . John is a great teacher. ****
>
> Ask him to slip the plane in  what a ride I do not want to do that again.
> Was safe but man does the plane drop like a rock.****
>
>  ****
>
> Ron****
>
> ----- Original Message ----- ****
>
> *From:* Mike Dawson <medawson250 at yahoo.com> ****
>
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> ****
>
> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 04, 2012 7:06 AM****
>
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Transitional Training****
>
>  ****
>
> 92 VA flies very well but watch John! He puts the speed brake down on walk
> around ,to show it to you ,but doesn't put it back up! There is no
> indicator in the cockpit and ,yours truly, took off with it
> down......lesson learned John,****
>
>  ****
>
> *From:* Peter Braswell <peter.braswell at gmail.com>
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> *Sent:* Wednesday, April 4, 2012 4:46 AM
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Transitional Training****
>
>  ****
>
> Very, very cool!!!  Best of luck to you Chris, I'm certain it will go just
> fine! ****
>
>  ****
>
> -Peter
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------**
> **
>
> *"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com* ****
>
> *Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------**
> **
>
>
> **
> ******
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net>
> wrote:****
>
> Here I sit at Capt Hirams enjoying a waffle at their Continental breakfast
> getting ready to go meet John at Sebastian Municipal for transitional
> training. Wow, I have comptemplated this time for years and now it's here.
> I hope I do ok with the center stick and left throttle. My bird has yokes
> and a center throttle.
>
> This is exciting.
>
> Just FYI
>
> Chris Barber
> Houston
> SE/FG /yokes Dynon Skyview 7 inch & 13b rotary.
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html***
> *
>
>  ****
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html***
> *
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html***
> *
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html***
> *
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html***
> *
>
>  ****
> ------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4914 - Release Date: 04/04/12*
> ***
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html***
> *
>
> ------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4914 - Release Date: 04/04/12*
> ***
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120404/edc262ce/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 4309 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120404/edc262ce/attachment-0001.jpeg>


More information about the Reflector mailing list