REFLECTOR: Dynon fuel pressure

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Apr 4 11:20:31 CDT 2012


Thanks.  I replaced mine as well.  It's nice to know what the problem 
is.  My VDO oil pressure sensor has worked perfectly.  I wonder what the 
difference is.  Different mechanism?  Different pressure range?  Gas 
affects the sensor and oil doesn't?

John

On 4/4/2012 10:48 AM, Laurence Coen wrote:
> John,
>
> I have a VDO fuel pressure gage that acts the same way.  I'm on my 
> second sender and opened the old one to see what was inside.  It's a 
> pressure operated rheostat and apparently the wiper arm starts making 
> poor contact with the wire wound resistance over time causing a false 
> high reading.  It's a piece of junk in my opinion.
>
> Larry Coen
> N136LC
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 9:36 AM
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Dynon fuel pressure
>
>> I'm planning to relocate my oil VDO sensor to the engine where it's 
>> supposed to be and was also concerned about vibration.  What are you 
>> using for your connection?
>>
>> My 2 terminal VDO fuel pressure sensor also exhibits strange 
>> readings. When I start the engine it always reads correct at 7 psig 
>> (carburetor). Then after 30 minutes or so, it often runs 11-15 and 
>> sometimes up to 25 psig.  The readings are not very stable, so I 
>> don't believe them.  I think the wires may be bad.
>>
>> John
>>
>> On 4/2/2012 9:52 PM, Brian Michalk wrote:
>>> Yes, VDO makes I thought all of their sensors in ungrounded and 
>>> grounded versions.  I have a few of them on the plane for oil 
>>> pressure and fuel pressure, which for me is 45PSI.
>>>
>>> None of mine are hard mounted to the engine.  I've heard that the 
>>> vibration can cause them to fail at the neck.  The orifice is a few 
>>> thousandths in diameter, really small, so if it does break off it 
>>> won't flow very much.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



More information about the Reflector mailing list