REFLECTOR: Dynon Autopilot

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:53:12 CDT 2012


David,
That's a great question and one that I'm hesitant to answer as I don't have
any direct experience with the AP serves and the heat.  Looks like a couple
of folks have chimed in and have indicated that this works just fine.  As
most of the servo technology is basically the same (just a stepper motor),
I'm speculating that Dynon would give similar performance.  I do know that
some manufacturers (Trio in particular) put micro controllers in their
servos, so that might be a factor too.  I'm not sure if Dynon has a Mc in
their serves, but I don't *think* they do.

Seems like a great place for them though …

-Peter

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
*Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
------------------------------------------------------------------------



On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM, David Ullman <ullman at robustdecisions.com>wrote:

> Peter, thanks for the comments.  I actually finally got the roll trim to
> work well on N444DX, an SEFG.  Ok course, this is not needed with
> autopilot.
> Space by the whale tail is cramped, thinking of putting servo in one of the
> wing roots and driving the aileron bellcrank directly.  There is very
> little
> play between the two ailerons , so this seems a good solution for cramped
> space.  Might have a heat problem as this is very near the cylinders,
> so.....  maybe not.  Any thoughts?
>
> David Ullman
> N-444DX Velocity
> EAA 292 President
> david at davidullman.com
> 541-754-3609
> 1655 NW Hillcrest Dr
> Corvallis OR 97330
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120403/6618fdcf/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list