REFLECTOR: FW: Piano Hinge for Cowl

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Sep 27 17:41:01 CDT 2011


 

 

From: Alex Balic [mailto:a.balic at mbcsupport.us] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:47 PM
To: reflector at awpi.com (reflector at awpi.com)
Subject: Piano Hinge for Cowl

 

Is there a preference (or in other words a need) to use the extruded hinge
verses the formed hinge on the cowling attachment option?

I have a section of 1-1/2 extruded and was going to buy 3 more until I saw
that they are over $50 each- the formed hinge is about 1/5th the price. I
think that the hinge pin has a bit more clearance in the formed hinge if I
recall, which might be a good thing while trying to thread the rods in-
anyone using this method, please let me know.

 

Thanks,

 

Alex

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110927/3bd8f58e/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list