REFLECTOR: X-wind Landings - Technique Crab vs Slip

Kevin Baker flykb at verizon.net
Sun Sep 25 19:36:27 CDT 2011


Thanks Alex and all for all the good information.
Much appreciated.

Kevin Baker

On 9/24/2011 9:49 PM, Alex Balic wrote:
> Hi Kevin.
> You Know, lots of folks say that you can "not" slip a canard- I have not
> done so in a Velocity, but I slipped the heck out of the long EZ I had
> several years back to get it down and slow- guess you just need to work on
> the technique- feels different from a 172 for sure. The one advantage is
> that both rudders can be deployed on the non- toe brake models to assist in
> speed control- to just correct for only a crosswind on landing, I would just
> crab, it will point directly into the direction of travel when both mains
> touch down- and I do mean both, if you land on just the upwind (trailing)
> wheel, it will tend to go off in the direction that the nose is pointed.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Kevin Baker
> Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 9:02 PM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: X-wind Landings - Technique Crab vs Slip
>
> Hi All,
> What are your x-wind landing techniques?
> Crab vs Slip?
>
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Baker
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



More information about the Reflector mailing list