REFLECTOR: Dynon -Oil Temp Sensor
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Sep 22 12:37:42 CDT 2011
Ruben,
Many thanks!! I've been battling this since I installed the Dynon!
I will order the sensor today, $19 is very reasonable.
Scott
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Dynon -Oil Temp Sensor
From: Ruben Creus <ruben at vainneg.com>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>,
'Scott Derrick' <scott at tnstaafl.net>
Date: 09/22/2011 11:20 AM
> Scott,
>
> Well, the sensor is made by Grand Rapids, which is a direct competitor of
> Dynon, so maybe they do not want to make so public to avoid admitting that a
> competitor had a better solution for an oil temp device. Anyhow, they
> finally told me that this should work. I tried it and since is just going
> perfect!
>
> NOTE: Remember that if you use this sensor you need to change the oil temp
> sensor type in your Dynon configuration to TYPE 3
>
>
> Here is the info of the sensor
>
> Part Number: GRT FT-LC-01
>
> I bought it from Chief. Here is the link.
>
> http://www.chiefaircraft.com/avionics/grand-rapids/optional-replacement-part
> s/grt-ft-lc-01.html\
>
> Price $19
>
> Hope that helps.
>
>
> Ruben Creus
> 571-215-0025
> ruben at vainneg.com
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Derrick [mailto:scott at tnstaafl.net]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:24 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Dynon -Oil Temp Sensor
>
> Rueben,
>
> I've been dealing with the exact same problem! I wonder why they didn't
> mention a two wire sensor to me?
>
> Do you have the part number?
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott
>
> Ruben Creus<ruben at vainneg.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been dealing with a problem for a long time with the reading of my
>> oil temp in my Dynon, and finally found a solution. So, I thought to share
>> it around in case anyone else has the same issue with a Dynon unit.
>>
>> I have a Dynon flightDeck-180, and always had the issue of seeing my oil
>> temp fluctuating based on the current of the alternator. I originally had a
>> 1-wire oil sensor, the sensor was grounded on the engine block. That
> created
>> small a ground differential between the back and the nose of the plane
>> translating on a variation of the displayed temperature of approximately
> +10
>> degrees, the Dynon was grounded in the nose and the sensor in the engine
>> block.
>>
>> Talking with Dynon, about it they told me to change the oil temp sensor to
> a
>> 2-wire sensor. First, the resolution of the sensor is ten times greater, so
>> it is more accurate, and second, the second wire can connect directly to
> the
>> ground of the harness, virtually bringing the ground to the sensor to the
>> ground of the Dynon.
>>
>> Previously I had jumps of 10 degrees when I pushed my PTT, or turn on
>> landing light, or when the alternator was giving more current for any
>> reason.
>>
>> Now the result is that variations have disappeared. Now the oil temp does
>> not suddenly fluctuate anymore!!
>>
>> Ruben Creus
>> 571-215-0025
>> ruben at vainneg.com
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
--
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience
of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired,
and success achieved.
Helen Keller
More information about the Reflector
mailing list