REFLECTOR: Canard CW fairings
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Sep 18 17:34:38 CDT 2011
Hmmm. I have teardrops on the bottom just like the top. When I retract
my gear I often smell the brakes, so air is coming in through the gear
opening. What do you mean by "good cabin airflow"? Also I have round
holes in the wings near the strakes which are not covered. Does this
matter?
John
Alex Balic wrote:
> You can make the teardrops pretty fast- just lay a few layers of fine
> bid down on plastic, then after cure, cut the shapes from that- others
> just cut them from aluminum sheet, but you really need to have the
> reverse scoops on the bottom for good cabin airflow, although if you
> have a relatively large gap between your strake and wing that is not
> covered by tape, that will work too. I put some fine mesh on there to
> keep the mud daubers out
they are a really big problem here in
> Texas
..
>
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]
> On Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
>
> Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:14 PM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard CW fairings
>
> Doug,
> My kit didn't come with any tear drops, just the big bolt hole reverse
> exit scoops. Let me know what I owe you for a couple tin ones, and
> thanks!
> What did you do with your canard counterweight fairings?..
> Kurt
>
> -----Original Message-----
>
> From: Douglas Holub <douglas.holub at gmail.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Sun, Sep 18, 2011 6:56 am
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard CW fairings
> I had an old kit (1988) and it came with 4 tear drop shaped bolt hole
> covers, 2 for the top and 2 for the bottom. The 2 big-ole reverse
> scoops cover the wing bolt access holes on the bottom of the spar and
> provide cabin air exhaust.
> I somehow ended up with 8 tear drops: 4 fiberglass and 4 tin. If you
> need a couple tin ones let me know.
> Doug Holub
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: nmflyer1 at aol.com
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:10 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Canard CW fairings
> I'm curious how most folks have been attaching the Canard
> Counterweight Fairings. My manual says nothing. The on-line
> manual says put into place with silicone once painting is
> done. I suppose that would work, but wouldn't it look better
> to blend them in permanently with a layer of BID?
> My old kit also came with big-ole lower bolt hole covers for
> the wing. These look like reverse scoops. Seems like it
> would look cleaner to cover them the same way as the TOP
> bolt hole cover (thin painted metal teardrop, siliconed into
> place.
> Input?
> Thanks, Kurt
> -------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
>
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110918/ea434438/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list