REFLECTOR: wheel pant

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Sat Sep 17 22:36:56 CDT 2011


I have a similar pant that I am considering using. CSA has a mold which they would loan to members to make pants for a LongEZ. I made a set but never put them on my long. They were too small for the main gear of the Velocity but are close to the size of the nose pant and much more streamlined. They are about four inches longer than the Velocity factory nose pant and I am a little concerned that it may have an adverse effect on the nose gear.

From: Dugas Bellsouth 
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:47 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: wheel pant

RV's have done the research. With 6000 built I would consider the newest RV pant. I've been told they increase speed on an RV by 6 knts.  Your mileage may vary. They are very wide. 

Rene' Dugas 
Sent from my iPhone4

On Sep 17, 2011, at 4:59 PM, "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at roadrunner.com> wrote:


  I have been trying to replace the front wheel pant on my Velo. I don’t like the factory wheel pant for a couple of reasons. First it is too flimsy and second, it is not aerodynamically designed. Gary Hertzler told me once that the wheel pant should be three times as long as it is wide for good aerodynamics. I have been looking at several that are offered on the after market but am not sure what effect they will have on my catering nose wheel. How does one determine how it should be mounted for balance. Any thoughts?

  Lou Stedman
  Velocity SEFG
  N7044Q
  Olean, NY
  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110917/31507124/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list