REFLECTOR: Adjusting wing incidence

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 05:56:13 CDT 2011


All,
After attaching my lower strake and comparing the angle between the strake
and wing, things didn't look right.

After going back and verifying the right measurements off the spar to get
the strake aligned properly (they were correct) I remeasured the incidence
of the wings.  With the firewall 90 degrees, the right wing was off level
about 1.1 degrees.  The left wing about the same.

Though not a tragedy, I'm puzzled.  This seems like a lot to be off with the
wings bolted directly to the spar.  Is this common?

At any rate, I understand adjustments can be made by shimming out the wing
attach bolts.  I was wondering how folks are doing this?  Washers seem the
most obvious, but maneuvering them in there might be tricky.  Was wondering
if anybody has fabricated a bushing out of aluminum tubing or something
similar to act as a stand-off, whether that's safe and if so, what material
should be used (aluminum, steel, ???) or should I stick with washers?

TIA,
Peter

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
*Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110914/1a70956f/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list