REFLECTOR: Vision Capacitive fuel probe

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Sep 12 09:27:39 CDT 2011


Rene,

I was just looking at the EI probes. Those folks at EI are good people too.

Did you use the 3/4 aluminum or 1/8 stainless EI probes?

I'm hooking my VMS probes up to a Dynon EMS and have a Princeton 
converter between the probes and the Dynon, so I think I can handle just 
about any kind of output from the probe.

My VMS probes have three wires...  GND, +5vdc, signal out

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Vision Capacitive fuel probe
From: Bellsouth Home <dugasd at bellsouth.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 09/12/2011 08:00 AM

> I got replacements that fit but they have three wires from Electronics International.  I could not get adequate support from J P when I tried to replace my shorted out VM1000 with the VM1000c.  Changed to the EI MVP-50 and replaced the badly corroded fuel probes that could not be calibrated.  Checking the fuel probes visually had not been part of my annuals.
> Before I shorted the master controller the fuel probes were working fine even corroded.  EI asked for the probes to analyze to determine the possible cause.  No word back.  I sure did like the VM1000 before it was discontinued by J P.
>
> Sent from Rene's iPad.
>
>
> On Sep 12, 2011, at 8:37 AM, Scott Derrick<scott at tnstaafl.net>  wrote:
>
>> I looking for a Vision Microsystems capacitive fuel probe.
>>
>> Anybody know of a source or have one laying around in a hanger?
>>
>> Scott
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

-- 
Spirit is the real and eternal; matter is the unreal and the temporal.
Mary Baker Eddy


More information about the Reflector mailing list