REFLECTOR: Braided oil hose assy

Doug Kanczuzewski doug at customstudio.com
Mon Oct 24 20:07:07 CDT 2011


What about the difference in the flaring bevel between aircraft and auto? As long as you stick to all automotive you would be OK, just being careful not to mix.

Doug K

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 5:38 PM
To: geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Braided oil hose assy

I have no problem using Auto racing PTFE braided stainless hose assembly's.

I did a fairly extensive search one time and found the hose and fittings are practically identical in specification to aerospace hoses.

Don't forget the fire sleeve....

Scott


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Braided oil hose assy
From: Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com><mailto:geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org><mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 10/24/2011 04:47 PM

Hi all,

I need one of the hoses that goes from the engine to the oil cooler lines.  When I bought my engine from a guy who had it previously installed on a Velocity, it came with the Velocity engine install kit, but I didn't notice one of the oil hoses was missing.

I got a quote from ACS for $153 for a 36"  Aeroquip hose with AN-8 fittings - yikes!  I see Summit Racing has a similar hose assy<http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FRA-380036/?rtype=10>, minus the fire sleeve for $38.  Even with 3' of Aeroquip firesleeve, its still about half the price of ACS.  Any reason I shouldn't go with the Summit Racing one?

Thanks.

Geoff
http://thegerhardts.com/velocity





_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



--

No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.

Helen Keller
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111024/710da709/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list