REFLECTOR: Containerizing

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sat Oct 15 17:50:16 CDT 2011


Yea, if you are just going south, I would recommend getting an FAA ferry
permit/waiver, and pay a pro to take it there- should not take too long, and
it would not have to be taken apart and put back together- also I have yet
to ship anything that didn't get some container rash- nothing major, but
always something, and it the plane is a really nice one with nice finish,
that would be a concern to me if I was the guy in Argentina..

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 5:28 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Containerizing

 

Alec;

 

When I checked into this a few years ago (for std RG) I found that the
strake (center spar) span was a few inches too large to fit corner to corner
into the door of the largest standard container.  It would have required
custom crating which is very spendy; and suggests the best approach is to
install aux tanks and hire someone to ferry the plane.  You may want to
double check.

 

Al 

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of alec
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:18 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Containerizing

I have a STD 1993 FG in CARLSBAD, NM 88220 which needs to be containerized
for shipping abroad. Any idea who can do this job for me? Travis H. Is kind
of far away to do the job.... 
Thanks, Alec 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111015/f1542781/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list