REFLECTOR: Antenna

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Oct 13 13:06:15 CDT 2011


Rene,

thanks for the info.  I just ordered a Miracle Whip and am going to try 
a few locations with duct tape, nose first than roof above main gear.

I think there is room in the aileron cut out if its long enough?

Did you dig out the foam behind the tanks to install the whip?

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Antenna
From: Rene Dugas <dugasd at bellsouth.net>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 10/13/2011 11:50 AM

> Scott,
> I have the Miracle Whip in my left strake threaded through the access holes
> behind the fuel tanks so I could easily connect to the existing Coax at the
> end of the strake.  Works very well.  I just ordered another one for the
> right wing today. I ran mine through a length of foam pipe insulation  to
> make it almost straight but they say curves are not a problem.  It has a box
> attached that I Velcroed to the bottom of the strake through the wing bolt
> access hole.
> Rene'
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:05 AM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Antenna
>
> Really?  Even though its mostly horizontal. Thats encouraging..
>
> The similar area in my V, behind the back seats is also readily
> accessible...
>
> I've been thinking of either trying this in the nose of the plane,
>
> http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/miracleairwhip.php
>
> or this in the area behind the back seat, like your copper foil antenna.
>
> http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/av/antenna_composite.html
>
> Scott
>
>
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Antenna
> From: Ron Stacey<rlstacey at earthlink.net>
> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'<reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 10/13/2011 09:39 AM
>
>> Scott,
>>
>> I have a copper foil com antennae in my Glasair that runs around the top
>> inside of the fuselage (across the top and down the sides) under the
>> headliner just aft of the seats, works great. It's glassed in with two
>> layers fine bid.
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
>> Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:12 AM
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Antenna
>>
>> I have a bad com antenna in my left wing.
>>
>> I'd like to install a new antenna to replace it. Of course I'm not going
>> to break into the wing skin and replace it so have to install something
>> in the normal accessible areas.
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>>
>> Scott
>>
>

-- 
To live and let live, without clamour for distinction or recognition; to 
wait on divine love; to write truth first on the tablet of one's own 
heart - this is the sanity and perfection of living.
Mary Baker Eddy


More information about the Reflector mailing list