REFLECTOR: Antenna

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Oct 13 13:01:53 CDT 2011


Dave,

thanks for the info!

The radio(s) attached to this antenna have never worked well. I've 
always used it for getting atis on the ground, possibly talking to the 
tower when in the pattern or closer. Any further out and it was useless. 
I have another radio/ant combination that works very well.  I was at the 
radio shop yesterday and had them test the antennas, the bad radio;'s 
antenna  measured bad. Very bad. My good radio's antenna tested very 
good. We replaced a suspect connector at the wing/strake interface on 
the bad antenna but no joy.

I will look in the rudder cutouts and see if I can get to the wire.  
I've had the plane completely apart for painting but I don't remember 
any wired there except the strobe lines.  That would be great if I can 
get to the coax/ant transition at that point.

thanks again,

Scott




More information about the Reflector mailing list