REFLECTOR: Windows in strake baggage area

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Fri Oct 7 11:36:41 CDT 2011


I think I used 1/8" lexan, IIRC.  Here's my take.


pros


· some folks get weird if they can't see the runway on final, and without
them, they ain't seeing in the back much of the time
· the strake limits near-field visibility for the back seat passenger,
this helps (but not a fix)


cons


· takes up fuel space (in retrospect, I would angle the outer/winglet end
bulkhead from outer bottom to inner top to minimize)


· takes some time to do
· cost some money
· doesn't make the plane faster, safer, or lighter

· someone will invariably set something on them, scratching the Holy
Living Crap (HLC) out of them (we made upholstery covers, or rather, had
Dave Spano make them)
· how often is anyone going to realistically be back there?

B


	-------Original Message-------
  From: Dan Schindler
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Windows in strake baggage area
  Sent: 07 Oct '11 11:18

  Trying to decide if I am going to put windows in the strake baggage area.

  I have seen several velocities with this option. Was wondering about pros
and cons to doing this?

  What type of material is best for this window?

  Thank you,

  Dan Schindler
  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111007/b7253e3d/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list