REFLECTOR: Prop clearance

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Oct 4 09:47:49 CDT 2011


I called the factory to ask the same question. I was told it is good to have 8.5-9" of clearance (though some get by with slightly less). 

The reason is that it does not take much rotation to get a positive rate of climb due to the wing incidence. You just have to make sure to land it correctly when you get back home :) 

With my 173 FGE, I have just over 9" of clearance with a 76" 3-blade CS. 

Kurt 



-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tue, Oct 4, 2011 7:58 am
Subject: REFLECTOR: Prop clearance



What is the minimum prop clearance for the SE?
 
Thanks,
 
Chris Barber
Houston


_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111004/e2fb9a11/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list