REFLECTOR: Gear doors

jerry at jlbent.com jerry at jlbent.com
Tue Nov 29 11:51:14 CST 2011


If I am seeing it correctly, that is a variation on the old factory
solution.  Your's looks much nicer.  For those that might be interested,
the old manual suggested hinging the other side of the flap onto the
fuselage and it then slides under the main gear door part attached to the
gear leg.  No spring, but they suggest a thin metal (alum.) strip from the
outside edge of the door to go under the main gear door.

Now they suggest neither.  Just let it be a cockpit exhaust opening.  I
personally don't like the look of a hole in the side of the fuselage.

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com


  	-------Original Message-------
From: Andrew Ellzey
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Gear doors
Sent: Nov 29 '11 9:38am


I'm sure it won't add any speed, but I added a hinge and spring to allow
the very bottom of my gear doors to completely close. Pictures attached.
-------------------------------------------
Andrew Ellzey

(479) 631-2851 office
(479) 531-5139 iPhone
[LINK: mailto:ajlz72756 at yahoo.com] ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
          --------------------
  _______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111129/46949d7d/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list