REFLECTOR: PARKING BRAKE

Ruben Creus ruben at vainneg.com
Thu Nov 24 20:24:14 CST 2011


Yes, it is a in-line system. You can see in the link below. It works
amazingly great!!  I have not had any lost of pressure, but I only use it
for relatively short periods of time, when going to fuel station, or when I
stop on the terminal for paperwork. 

 

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/matcoPBVALVE.php

 

Ruben

 

  _____  

From: Jeff Howell [mailto:jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:39 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: PARKING BRAKE

 

Ruben,
            How does your parking break work? Is it a line lock? Does it
loose pressure after time? Thanx Jeff
 

  _____  

From: ruben at vainneg.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:33:33 -0500
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"

Chris,

 

I got a toggle switch guard for my speed brake at RadioShack for less than
$5 or so. The Switch has also an LED on the tip so you can see when the
circuit has current.

 

I attach a picture where you can see how it looks. It is located in front of
the throttle quadrant, beside the parking brake.

 

Link: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062493

 

Ruben

  _____  

From: Chris Barber [mailto:cbarber at texasattorney.net] 
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:06 PM
To: Rotary motors in aircraft; Rotary Engine; Velocity Aircraft Owners
andBuilders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"

 

Wow, I am beside myself understanding this.  I concede only a base knowledge
of supply and demand, but that these toggle switch guards, which I really
like, cost almost $225.00 EACH with a five unit minimum is astounding.
Perhaps you engineer types can shed some light on what makes what seems like
a pretty simple design so pricey......even in aviation dollars this seems
high.  Only one supplier too (may be part of the problem).  Also, I have not
been able to locate anything similar.  I like the openness of the design and
what seems to be a smaller footprint than the standard toggle cover I am use
to seeing.  What am I missing?
 
I wish I had the skill set to make my own.  Heck, if I used gold, I am not
sure if they would cost me as much...and gold would not be the best material
for the purpose...or I wouldn't think so.....
 
Chris Barber
Houston
Stupid JD/Cop/Builder/hopeful flyer of what has been built.
Freedman and Hyack did not prepare me for this.....;-)
 
 


_______________________________________________ To change your email
address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the
gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new
archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111124/19c8b80c/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list