REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
Chris Barber
cbarber at texasattorney.net
Mon Nov 21 16:12:53 CST 2011
Thanks Don, but those are the ones I have seen everywhere and do not like. They seem bigger and less "elegant" than the ones I am posting about. Sure doesn't explain the cost difference since the hinge mechanism is likely the same. I do have one of the ones you posted on my primary master switch, mounted upside down as to keep in on and locked while the engine is running. I even sacrificed one to a Drimel tool to see if I could modify so as to have a smaller presence on my IP. Alas, it did not work well...but I may try again. Something to distract me while I am wrapping my mind around my latest tuning issue......
Chris
________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on behalf of Don Johnston [don at numa.aero]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:33 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
$12.00
http://www.steinair.net/storedetail.cfm?productid=373
Don
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 21:05:46 +0000
From: Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net<mailto:cbarber at texasattorney.net>>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
Wow, I am beside myself understanding this. I concede only a base knowledge of supply and demand, but that these toggle switch guards, which I really like, cost almost $225.00 EACH with a five unit minimum is astounding. Perhaps you engineer types can shed some light on what makes what seems like a pretty simple design so pricey......even in aviation dollars this seems high. Only one supplier too (may be part of the problem). Also, I have not been able to locate anything similar. I like the openness of the design and what seems to be a smaller footprint than the standard toggle cover I am use to seeing. What am I missing?
I wish I had the skill set to make my own. Heck, if I used gold, I am not sure if they would cost me as much...and gold would not be the best material for the purpose...or I wouldn't think so.....
Chris Barber
Houston
Stupid JD/Cop/Builder/hopeful flyer of what has been built.
Freedman and Hyack did not prepare me for this.....;-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111121/04d0cd04/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list