REFLECTOR: vernatherm Brian Michalk

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Nov 17 18:37:16 CST 2011


I am checking on the springs.

I found a schematic I drew up many years ago.  I pulled the bypass 
assembly and figured out where all the galleys are connected.
http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?display=engines%2Ffranklin%2Foilbypass.gif


On 11/17/2011 05:08 PM, Jeff Howell wrote:
> Brian,
>           Could you send me one of your stiffer springs? when my oil 
> is below 120f and I am at high rpm my oil pressure is on the border of 
> bypassing the oil. I believe that if you change the spring to a 
> stiffer spring it will bypass at a higher pressure... Is this correct? 
> if so do you have a pay pal acct. so I could pay you for a spring?? 
> thanx Jeff
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:30:34 -0600
> From: michalk at awpi.com
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: vernatherm
>
> Do you have high CHTs as well?
> If you are aggressive on your timing, retard it to 28BTDC, and see if 
> your temps go down.
>
> I don't think adding a vernatherm is going to help you.  The Franklin 
> has a pressure bypass, and with hot oil, all of it should be going 
> through the cooler.  You can try a stiffer spring on the bypass if you 
> are not getting max oil through the cooler.  I think I still have 
> some, if you want one.
>
> Most everyone I know is running 5/8" lines to the cooler(s).  What 
> size are yours?  Also, where are you measuring your oil temps?  245F 
> is too high, and it means that in some portion of your system it's hotter.
>
> On 11/16/2011 2:32 PM, Grover McNair wrote:
>
>     The franklin engine I have in my 173LW  is running high oil temp,
>     245+. Having read recent posts, I am planning to install a larger
>     oil cooler with a vernatherm. I would appreciate comments from
>     those who have done this. Is there a modification necessary for
>     the factory oil bypass valve?
>
>     Grover McNair
>
>     N832AB
>
>
>
>     _______________________________________________
>     To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>     Visit the gallery!www.tvbf.org/gallery  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>     user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>     Check new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermail  <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>     Check old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________ To change your email 
> address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit 
> the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check 
> new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: 
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20111117/7d12bf59/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list